Friday, February 13, 2009

3 Month Checkup - 6 more weeks of restrictions




I had hoped to get some time off for good behavior, but it was not to be.

My doctor, 'Punxsutawney' Roth, saw a 'shadow' on my X-ray and told me it would be 6 more weeks of no bending, no twisting, no lifting, no squatting, and no sitting more than 45 minutes.



I could hardly see Judy's lips moving as Dr. Roth spelled out my continued restrictions.


1 - X-ray looks good; noticeable improvement from 1 month X-ray.

2 - Continue with no bending, lifting, twisting, or squatting

3 - Can extend sitting time to 45 minutes at a time (every 2 hours).

4 - Don't have to wear back brace around the house.

5 - Continue to wear back brace whenever I go out.

6 - Can drive a little.

7 - No walking with weights; otherwise no walking restrictions.

8 - Doesn't like the idea that I have been in the pool, floating on back.

9 - Didn't tell him about recumbent bike riding.

10-Will see me again at 6 months; should set me free of all restrictions.

11-Will see also me at 12 months and 24 months.

12-Made a count-down calendar to tear off pages: 67 days to go!

13-Suggested I could sit long enough to take wife out to eat!

14-Doesn't like my use of broomstick with goniometer.

15-Ankle swelling 'normal' from wearing a tight back brace.

16-Nonie liked our Christmas card.


Larry

No comments: